Sunday, August 22, 2010

#4. Nature - 1, Me - 0.

I decided to try shooting the stars again tonight. I prepped my telephoto lens, mounted my camera on the tripod, and went outside thinking "ISO 100, 30s shutter, this'll be decent!". I set my tripod down smack dab in the middle of my backyard, aimed it at the sky, and set up my shot. Not 2 seconds later, I feel something pricking my foot, and then another, and another. I clicked the shutter and ran like hell to the concrete patio and proceeded to slap the shniz out of my foot and calves to get whatever was biting me off.

I had stepped in an ant hill. Go me. Worst photoshoot ever.

Well, anyway, here's the crappy photo I got out of it. I brightened it up a little in Lightroom. There were a lot more stars in the shot than I could see with my naked eye! I'm going to try this again sometime, hopefully where there are no anthills...

ISO 100 ~ 80mm ~ f/4.0 ~ 30s

Yes. 80mm. I wasn't even able to zoom in before the little buggers attacked.

Tip of the day:
- Try not to stand on an ant hill while shooting ever.

O & D!
CT

No comments:

Post a Comment