Monday, August 30, 2010

#8. New York, New York! And Cupcakes!!

Oh, happy day!

I got my camera on Saturday evening. It came with:
- XSi Body and the body lens cap
- Kit EF-S 18-55mm IS lens (No caps)
- EF 75-300mm (Rear & Front cap)
- Lowepro Camera Bag (No strap...)
- Silly "stylish" camera strap (now being used as the bag strap)
- Canon camera strap

While in NYC, I visited B & H, which is a GIGANTIC camera store. The people there were very helpful and I spent an hour there. They also had a used and refurbished section on the 2nd floor!

I bought:
- 1 Vivitar 58mm lens cap ($4.95. Love it. Works marvelously)
- 1 Cap keeper so I don't loose the lens cap. ($1.79. The glue was crap and it kept falling off the cap, but once I crazy glue it, it'll work nicely)
- 1 lens cleaning kit. Came with lens cloth, cleaning fluid, and air brush ($1.39. I really just wanted the cloth and brush. I was told not to use the fluid unless I absolutely had to.)

I got to take some photos in NYC and just played around with the XSi settings. I love this camera more than the XTi. It's quieter, the screen is larger, and it's faster. (IMHO)

Here are some photos from the CRUMBS cupcake shop on Broadway and 52nd St.
Cupcakes on display in the store. Take this and multiply it by 2. There were SO many! I didn't know which to pick.
ISO 200 ~ 20mm ~ f/4.5 ~ 1/25s
This is the Blackout cupcake. Chocolate cupcake with chocolate ganache, and drizzled with chocolate.
ISO 1600 ~ 28mm ~ f/4.5 ~ 1/40s
Baba Booey cupcakes (named after Howard Stern's radio show producer.) "Chocolate cake filled with peanut butter cream cheese. Covered with 1/2 chocolate cream cheese and 1/2 peanut butter cream cheese (frosted like a B&W cookie). Surrounded by mini peanut butter chips.
ISO 1600 ~ 28mm ~ f/4.5 ~ 1/40s

This cupcake was DE-LI-CIOUS! All the flavors just worked together with the moist chocolate cupcake.
ISO 1600 ~ 28mm ~ f/4.5 ~ 1.25s
I'll post more non-cupcake photos from NYC tomorrow.

CT

No comments:

Post a Comment