Sunday, August 22, 2010

#3. Fstop? ISO? Shutter what?

I decided to do a photo shoot this morning of Pip, the Sippersaurus. It was an indoor shoot with natural light from the windows. A lot of the terminology I'm using might be wrong. Like I said, this is all through the eyes of a n00b.



Things (I think) I learned:
- Slower shutter speed = more light, but you'll probably need a tripod so it won't shake.
- Lower F.Stop = Less depth of field, aka less in focus. When I raised the f.stop, I slowed down the shutter speed and/or raised the ISO to compensate for the light.
- Lower ISO = Less light and less noise (fuzz/pixelation)

When I shot indoors, I kept my ISO at 100 and f.stop at 5.6. I would change the shutter speed when I moved locations because the light was different. It was all trial and error. I shot it all in RAW just because I'd never done it before. Yep.

Meet Pip, the little Sippersaurus! ISO 100 ~ 55mm ~ f/5.6 ~ 1/15s


Today's Links:

O & D!
CT

No comments:

Post a Comment